It’s Friday again so there must be some new videos to watch! – well you are in for a real treat today.
Meet Paula Doyle and work on her Tulip Tree Bag
Paula is an award winning quilter and author of the Mini Mosaics book and technique.
You are in for a treat with her comprehensive workshop on her Tulip Tree Bag; she makes this from some interesting fabrics and/or you could raid your scrap stash.
AND if you enjoy miniatures you should try her mini-mosaic technique and add these blocks into the fabric mix too.
Christmas Gifts and Decorations to make
As the month progresses we edge ever closer to Christmas and we have had 5 Fridays to fill in November!
We have already shown you some small and simple gifts to make with our Chicken Pincushion with Jennie; the Biscornu pincushion with Carolyn Forster, and the folded potholder from Valerie:
these are listed at the bottom of this email – take a look and click through
AND don’t forget things like:
- the Ipad cover (again with Jennie), (with or without the seminole feature)
- a warm cloche hat courtesy of Steve Weekes,
- simple fused boxes to put your gifts in from Jennie or some
- no-sew boxes from The Stitch Witch
- plus her tree decorations – there are some new 3D shapes from her available through the shop/kits section.
We plan to remind you of some of the other Christmas ideas over the next couple of weeks – such as Anne Baxter’s lovely Rudolph and Wibbly Wobbly Tree – but you can get ahead of us by using the quick links ‘Christmas‘ or ‘Children‘ (which is a mixture of make by them and make for them); and there is a new quick links for ‘Cards‘ (which includes Lesley Brankin’s new foundation pieced cards).
Gift Membership Pack
Talking about gifts, the Gift Pack on offer is exceptional value at just £50 (and contains elements exclusive to Justhands-on.tv).
The gift pack consists of:
- a DVD workshop “ Texture into Sudoku” by Jennie Rayment
- a charm pack of 12 x 5” squares of Oakshott shott-cotton fabrics called ‘Lakes’
- a pack of 5 Aurifil threads, exclusive to Justhands-on.tv
- a copy of Love Patchwork & Quilting – with a FREE Tula Pink project book attached
- a copy of the Stripy Sampler Quilt pattern by Carolyn Forster
- AND 1 year’s membership to the Fabric Sample Club run by Creative Quilting, where you will receive 10×5” squares each month of the latest fabrics.
And you can ask Santa (or an obliging husband) for it even if you are currently a subscribed member – we will work the magic on the membership!
Giveaway for subscribed members
And don’t forget if you are a subscribed member you can enter into our prize giveaway of the Lakes Bundle from Oakshott (we have 3 to give away).
The closing date is 30th November – all you need to do is send us an email entitled ‘Lakes’ to email@example.com.
Valerie & Jennie