Organised by the Quilt India Foundation, this event showcases quilts by international and local designers and will be held in the historic city of Chennai, on the Bay of Bengal in eastern India.
This promises to be a vibrant and exciting event for quilt enthusiasts, with workshops and talks by experts and leading designers from the international quilting community, as well as plenty of vendor stalls selling gorgeous materials and threads for you to bring home and use in your own designs.
We are very excited to be working closely with the event organisers to enhance your experience of the Festival with special demonstrations and workshops.
India is an exceptional country to explore, so our tour combines time in Chennai with onward travel to fascinating destinations such Kanchipuram, famous for its silk saris, the French-Indian city of Pondicherry and the tie and dye textile producing village of Kaithari Nagar, near Madurai.
And for those with more time, we are also offering two tour extensions; one to the tranquil and magical backwaters of Kerala on the Malabar coast, and the other to the compelling state of Karnataka with its glittering palaces, national parks and ancient ruins.
Find out more here
- Return British Airways World Traveller Economy flights
- 12 nights’ accommodation with all breakfasts and dinners
- Internal Air India flight
- 12x lunches
- Two and half days at the India Quilt Festival
- Specialist talk from award winning textile artist Chitra Mandanna
- Entrance to all sites in the itinerary
- Services of an ECT Tour Manager
- Services of an accompanying English-speaking local guide
- Travel disruption insurance