Vendulka Battais gives clear and concise instruction on her cathedral windows technique
Vendulka demonstrates her stunning basic cushion project using three fabrics inspired by her book Cathedral Windows New Views.
She includes thoughts on choosing a variety of fabrics to ensure contrast and selection of the window fabric, which is so easy to do with her technique.
She also explores how to use
- fine pins for accuracy
- finger pressing to open seams
- stitching to align points
- adding wadding to highlight the windows
- thoughts on the style of quilting to finish the project.
- and binding the cushion rather than adding piping.
Vendulka finishes the windows with a hand stitching demonstration using the ladder stitch, that produces invisible stitches no matter what colour thread is used.
There are kits available in 2 colourways, purple/green or green/yellow, and a pattern is available for instant download so that you can start straightaway. Both are available in our shop on our website at www.justhands-on.tv