Learn how to embroider all the elements of a typical English country garden and then apply your knowledge to create twelve exciting projects to keep or give as gifts with this beautiful book by Lorna Bateman
As it’s our Book of the Month it comes with free p&p in the UK for the month of July 2019.
Lorna Bateman’s long awaited book includes 12 practical projects for you to make and then adorn with exquisite floral motifs. This book will inspire you to embroider all the elements of an idyllic English country garden. It’s suitable for beginners as well as accomplished embroiderers.
In the book, Lorna walks you through a variety of stitches including raised and textured 3-Dimensional stitches. She teaches you how you can embroider individual flowers. In addition, you’ll learn how to incorporate these into an original garden motif. There is plenty for the nature enthusiast to get excited about.
In the book you’ll find
- an A–Z of English garden flowers and how to stitch them
- a section on stitching common garden insects
- how to embroider iconic garden imagery such as birdbaths and garden ornaments
- Roses are the archetypal cottage flower and Lorna describes how to incorporate a climbing rose, rose spray and standard rose in your designs.
- Step by step instructions for each design and detailed photographs
- Outline template drawings
- Fully illustrated A-Z of stitches
Embroidered Country Gardens is peppered throughout with seeds of wisdom. You”ll love the invaluable hints and tips from an expert embroiderer that will help you develop your own skills and unique style.