Wendy Gardiner takes you through a wealth of sewing techniques from choosing patterns to adding designer style.
Item is discontinued
Have a personal sewing advisor in your own home. Clearly presented in eight chapters, Wendy Gardiner takes you through a wealth of sewing techniques from choosing patterns to adding designer style. She covers:
• Getting to grips with paper patterns – understand the terminology and find out exactly just how much you get in a pattern pack
• Lay and cut out fabric with confidence – this can make or break a garment. Get it right every time following Wendy’s simple tips.
• Successful seaming tips to make garments easily – choose from straight, stretch and French seams. Wendy shows how and when to use each.
• Clipping, notching and grading for professionally looking results – How you finish the seam allowances can make the difference between smooth or bulky looking seams. These techniques ensure great results.
• Understanding and sewing darts – a must-have technique to shape garments for flattering fit.
• Easy steps for zips – once mastered you’ll never be worried about inserting a zip again.
• Sewing stretch fabrics – easy to wear, stretch fabrics are fabulous and so flattering, especially when you are armed with special sewing tips.
• Trimmings – choosing and using trimmings to create your own designer style
Wendy Gardiner is editor of Sewing World.